Blogger Templates

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Reflection


What have I learnt about the grammar that I didn’t know before?

It was very good time to learn grammar during ESL because grammar really helps me writing an essay. I’ve learnt 3 types of sentences and different types of noun. A sentence consists of subject, verb and object. The verb tells us what the subject does. For example: I ate a chicken burger. I is the subject, ate is the verb and a chicken burger is the object.

A simple sentence is also called independent clause like he kicks the ball.

Then, compound sentence is a sentence that has two independent sentences. For example, I drink a cup of coffee and Jack drinks a cup of tea. Remember, we have to use conjunction to make a compound sentence. Examples of conjunction are for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so, etc.

Lastly, it’s a complex sentence. A complex sentence consists of two sentences however it’s not similar with a compound sentence. In a complex sentence, if we take out the independent sentence, the sentence is not clear enough. Example, We are practicing now because tomorrow we have a big game tomorrow. To conclude, I’ve known three types of sentences in ESL.

How will this knowledge help me in my writing?
This knowledge is really useful and it helps me in my writing. After I’ve learnt different types of sentences, it’s useful because it helps people who read my sentence would be more understand and make sense of what I’m trying to say. I also know how to structure paragraphs in my essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment